On Monday 09 December 2002 07:16 pm, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Lorne wrote on Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 07:10:01PM -0700 :
> > Now, I know I amd going to have to learn text based urpmi. Someone tried
> > to help me out a couple of weeks ago, but got the syntax wrong and I
> > didn't have the time to pursue it at the time. I just tried urpmi from
> > the bash prompt to get minicom to install.
> > urpmi.addmedia file://mnt/cdrom doesn't work,  urpmi.addmedia /mnt/cdrom
> > doesn't work.
>
> urpmi.addmedia 90Main ftp://$MIRROR/$MAINPATH with ../base/hdlist.cz
> uprmi.addmedia 90Contrib ftp://$MIRROR/$CONTRIBPATH with \
>     ../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
>
> Substitute whatever mirror you choose for $MIRROR and substitute the
> correct paths to 9.0/i586/Mandrake/RPMS and 9.0/contrib/RPMS for that
> particular mirror.
>
> If you're trying to do it with the CDROM:
>
> urpmi.addmedia CD1 removable:/mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS with
> ../base/hdlist.cz urpmi.addmedia CD2 removable:/mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS2
> with ../base/hdlist2.cz urpmi.addmedia CD2
> removable:/mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS3 with ../base/hdlist3.cz

At this point, I'm not even trying to do anything fancy like ftp. I just want
to get it to work on the cdroms. I'll go further once I have that working.
Are you positive about the above syntax? The reason I ask is that it doesn't
work. It pops up with a help screen like I have the syntax wrong. What is
odd, is the all of the hdlist files are on disk1!??? That might explain why
you do it with the same disk for each. Anyhow, sorry to be such a putz, but
I'm having a heck of a time. ;(