Is this camera the only USB device you have?

If it is then I suspect you lack any mention of USB in your modules.conf file.
You could enter "alias usb-interface usb-uhci" and that should lead your
usbcore and usb-uhci modules to load next reboot.  In the meantime, do a
"modprobe usb-uhci" (I think that's it) to try to get your usb modules
loaded.

praedor