The kernel config stuff shouldn't matter unless you are going to rebuild your
kernel. As it is, having the usb drivers as modules should be OK.  The parts
that likely apply (from the website) are the fstab part (or the mount command
in lieu of fstab editing).

Let me know if you get it working...I will have occassion to deal with that
particular camera soon and would like to know what I will have to do...

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 01:33 pm, flacycads wrote:
> Thanks Praedor and all,
> I read the page, and I think I'm on the right track now. Here's the
> relevant stock Mandrake usb sections of the config file in /boot. There is
> only one difference from what that page says, in that CONFIG_USB=y is
> configured as a module (m). Should I recompile the kernel and change that,
> or load the module? Will adding the fstab line or modprobe usb-uhci load
> the needed module? When I get the camera back, I'll give it a try.
> Robert C.
> #
> # USB support
> #