Hi Narfi,

> Todd and Mark: can you please share with me why you did this?
> I had a brief opportunity to play with a board with the nforce2 chipset, namely
> the Asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard, and it booted the 9.0 kernel without any
> problems.

That sounds good..  as with the ASUS A7N266-VM motherboard, on first
boot without the "mem=" stuff in Lilo Mandrake 9.0 would free on that
motherboard.

> Was the difficulty in getting the 9.0 installed properly or in the bootup with
> an installed kernel?
> What else did these 2 workarounds give you? [I.e. the mem=<total memory - memory
> of graphics card> or going to a cooker kernel].
>
> Can people please share what they have working on motherboards with this chipset?
> Has anyone got usb 2.0 working with this chipset? I presume that would require
> one to go to a cooker kernel.

I believe the nforce driver off the Nvidia site may of had this
working..  but I really didn't have anything to try this with.

> What about firewire?

Sorry don't know much about that one.

> Or the LAN? I got the NVidia LAN working by using the proprietary driver, but
> has anyone tried to get the 3Com LAN working or managed not to use the
> proprietary driver for the NVidia LAN?

Didn't try..  I was quite happy with the binary one.

> Does anyone have the sound working without the properietary driver? I had a
> kernel freeze when I modprobe'd the i810_audio driver.

Oops didn't look..   was just using the proprietary divers

Cheers
Mark