On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 22:57, James Sparenberg wrote:
> I've got to put in my 2 cents here.  For me... 8.2 bit bad.  Why, I was
> running i810 and i815 chipset motherboards and having all kinds of
> stability problems with 9.0 these boxes have all been rock solid.  any
> funky hassles I've had have been either due to pushing the box too hard
> or trying to do something I shouldn't have been trying to do. Not due to
> a weakness in 9.0.  Actually I've found it to be the most solidly tested
> version since 7.0.  Yes there are problems with programs that run ON
> Linux.  KDE - Gnome - etc etc.  Many of these aren't so much MDK
> problems as just... problems.  If you ever want something that will
> drive you nuts trying to get it to do what you want... try RH 8.0...
> Blue blows.
>
> James

Heck, I haven't even touched the new distro or the new GUI -- but I do
have to work on a number of RH 7.x servers, and man do I miss urpmi. I
also think Mandrake RPMs are generally better put together. That is,
less likely to be broken and more likely to have the configure options I
wanted.

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...