From: Rolf Pedersen [mailto:
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 2:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Increase of Capital for Mandrakesoft

Mcleod, Ian wrote:
> too right - I just gave up waiting around for Mandrake to make it easy for
> them to receive $$$ and just stuck with the download version - because by
> the time it finally arrives in Australia it's probably out of date anyway.
>
> And I never received a reply to my 15 or so emails regarding Mandrake Club
> and how to pay for it from Australia either.
>
> Mandrake really need to try harder if they want to remain financially
> healthy (indeed I hope they still are!)

There are links to Mandrake Club all over the site, including on the
Downloads page and the header of the main page:
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/
Following one of those links will take you to the introductory Club page
for not-logged-in viewers:
http://www.mandrakeclub.com/
In the introduction at the top of that page is a link to join:
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/club/
On that page are links to information and buttons to join at various
levels, one of which might bring you to this page:
http://mandrakesecure.com/storev2/pay.php
Where Australia is on the list of countries 'shipped to'.  I use a Visa
bankcard for my transactions.  I have seen mention of 'cheques' on these
pages (international money order?) and Pay Pal.  A 'voluntary
contributions' page that predates the club but is not actively promoted
is available to anyone who spends nothing to get the distro they use and
want to support it monetarily:
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/donations/

There is nothing free about what it takes to develop the isos on those
servers, the infrastructure that houses that development, that hosts
this list.  If anybody here is still laboring under the misconception
that they are entitled to a free download because of the GPL ought to
take a close look at the text:
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

"Many people believe that the spirit of the GNU project is that you
should not charge money for distributing copies of software, or that you
should charge as little as possible -- just enough to cover the cost.

Actually we encourage people who redistribute free software to charge as
much as they wish or can. If this seems surprising to you, please read on."
.....http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html