I have a ECS K7S5A based on the Sis 735 chipset, very good stuff.
It's by far the cheapest board arround here in Belgium (costs about half
of the second-cheapest).

Performance is very good, and stability is excellent.  Apart from me, I
know 3 other people that own one and they're all happy with it.  2 of
them are also running Mandrake 9 like me.

The board has LAN onboard, which is very good, it is faster than the
Intel 10/100 PCI NIC I had before.  If I'm not mistaken the better
performance of the onboard NIC is achieved because it doesn't have to go
through the PCI bus (I could be wrong here).

One piece of advice, stay as far away from Asus as you can!
I had an A7V133A (the second one), and it crashed 5-6 times a day.
I've documented the design flaw in that board on my site:
http://unixmafia.port5.com (under news/special features/overheating
problems on...).
I recently saw an article in the Inquerer (http://www.theinquirer.net)
that there newer series are still suffering from this.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Guy

--