On Monday 13 January 2003 17:36, Mark Weaver wrote:

> >>I'm getting jazzed about this. As soon as the new Nic's I ordered get
> >>here I'll be setting this up on a box here at the house. I tested the
> >>boot disk last night after it was made and it works good. even managed
> >>to remember how to make one and thats saying something since I don't use
> >>that command very often at all. This old brain isn't as fried as I
> >>thought it was. :)
> >>
> >>Mark
> >
> > Take care to know which Nic is going to be eth0 or eth1 i.e. which Nic is
> > which.
> > Smoothwall recognizes them alphabetically on vendor.
> >
> > I had an old 3com 10M isa card for the (red)internet/cable connection
> > (don't need 100M there) and a realtek 10/100 for the (green)network.
> > The 3com always got recognized first and appointed "green"=:o(
> > Forcing me to take it out, configure the realtek as "green" and then
> > insert the 3com ---and no, I didn't get burned. I remembered to shutdown
> > the box first=:o)
> >
> > Good luck,
> > HarM
>
> Harm,
>
> Then I should have tons of fun because the cards I ordered are identical.

Oh, you will!=:o)

That leaves only the mac addresses to work on.
Easiest is that once you've identified which is green and which is red (and/or
orange)is to mark it as such, with a marker (or nail-polish=:o)).

That way you'll be able to recognize 'em on the outside, even if you do fry
your brains in the future=:o)

Or scavenge an old 10M somewhere, nobody wants to use 'm anymore. They're
dirtcheap (even free sometimes) nowadays. Download speeds surpassing 10M
isn't a hand for a long time to come so you'll never notice.

Good luck,
HarM