On Thursday 09 January 2003 08:14 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Pierre Fortin wrote:
> > Stop or remove "shorewall" -- sure wish Mdk would have made it more
> > obvious during install/upgrade that it was going to add a firewall
> > without asking...
> >
> > :^Pierre
>
> problem is...what does one use on a Mandrake 9.0 box if not shorewall
> because I've had a terrible time in the past trying to get Bastille to
> work on an MDK 9 box, which led me swiftly back to an 8.2 installation
> for server use.
>
> and I did take a look at gShield. The little bugger liked to drove me nuts!
>
> Mark
I grabbed an old P90 with 32MB - 540MB Drive and installed Smoothwall.
http://www.smoothwall.org
Now I run my entire network through it and just simply fergit it's there
except for frequent log checks.

--
Ken Thompson
Payette, Idaho

Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
Registered Linux User #183936