Ken Thompson wrote:
On Thursday 09 January 2003 08:14 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:

Pierre Fortin wrote:

Stop or remove "shorewall" -- sure wish Mdk would have made it more
obvious during install/upgrade that it was going to add a firewall
without asking...

:^Pierre
problem is...what does one use on a Mandrake 9.0 box if not shorewall
because I've had a terrible time in the past trying to get Bastille to
work on an MDK 9 box, which led me swiftly back to an 8.2 installation
for server use.

and I did take a look at gShield. The little bugger liked to drove me nuts!

Mark
I grabbed an old P90 with 32MB - 540MB Drive and installed Smoothwall.
http://www.smoothwall.org
Now I run my entire network through it and just simply fergit it's there except for frequent log checks.
I've heard about this one before but have never seen it. I'm downloading the ISO now. Is this an actual installable OS/Firewall, or just firewall software?
--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996