On Wed, January 15 2003 1:53 pm, Tibbetts, Ric wrote:
*snip*
> I agree that port 25 is dead. The question is: Why & How?
>
> The line in /etc/services is fine. It's uncommented.
> smtp IS included in bastille-firewall.cfg
> postfix "is" running.
>
> I have no clue as to what closed that port! And I've rebooted a couple
> of times. So what ever is doing it, is persistant!

Here's something to think about, what if the portsentry didnt get completely
removed, and left some cruft.. some of which happens to be blocking port 25

--
Chuck Burns     - Grand Bay, AL

Man = Mars = 4th planet from Sun = 4
Woman = Venus = 2nd planet from Sun = 2
Man - Woman = -2 = Man divorce wife = less than he started with