On Wednesday 05 Feb 2003 12:50 pm, Robert Wideman wrote:

> My problems is that when i want to eject the cdrom i cant do it b/c it auto
> mounts with supermount when i told it not to.

Tell me more - you're umounting from c/l I take it?  I have noticed that
sometimes it can get picky (I'm normally in gui mode) if anything is reading
the directory tree and may be reading the cds directory also.  That just
means that I  have to be careful that I have no Kinq windows or terminals
that might by using it - no prob once I realised.

> Also certain apps require
> cdrom NOT mounted...then supermount takes command, AAAHHHH.
> This is just my frustration with it, doesnt really cause a problem, just
> frustration.

Yes - I thought of experimenting with udf, but for that I would have to get
rid of supermount, I think.  In fact, I wouldn't think I could use auto mode
either.  Haven't entirely thought it through yet, but I would think my only
option is to mount/umount from c/l every time.  I'm hanging fire on this one.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302