On Monday 10 Feb 2003 9:08 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Saturday 08 Feb 2003 5:10 am, Mark Weaver wrote:
> >>If I
> >>wouldn'tn have to interact with the accounting system I wouldn't have to
> >>boot back into windows at all.
> >
> > Have you considered win4lin for that need?  Not everything works under
> > it, but if your does the feeling of release is great.  You run your
> > windows app without having to re-boot.  You get the windows functionality
> > for that purpose, but with linux stability - and if it does go down, you
> > can exit without bringing down your whole workstation.
> >
> > It's not free, but there's a money-back guarantee, I understand.
> >
> > Anne
>
> HI Anne,
>
> Actually I have tried that and one of those 'things' that didn't work
> was networking, and the accounting system software, which is why I was
> trying it in the first place. :( I "was" rather hoping it would work
> because I hate having to stop what I'm doing cause Winders has to crap.

Sorry to hear that - it's so good when it does work.  I haven't really looked
at the network problem at all - our lan is pretty light use except for the
internet access.  I avoid using that under windows because of the reduced
security, so I haven't much info on what I can get going and what I can't
with regard to networking.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302