The difference betweek kmail and mozilla is that all KDE applications
use the KDE printing system (located in the KDE control center).
This detected my CUPS server (running FreeBSD) out of the box, without
any hassles.

Mozilla and other apps (like OpenOffice) use the default Unix commands
to print (which interface with CUPS).
So what you need to do is configure that serperately using the Mandrake
Control Center.

If you already have your printers configured there, make sure that you
have a default printer.  This will be used when doing lpr <file> on the
command line.

There's always the workarround to always print with the KDE printer
system (which has additional options).
Just print to a ps (postscript) file in Mozilla, OO, ... then open a
terminal window and type 'kprinter <file>'.

Good luck

Guy

--
Guy Van Sanden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>