Alright, this is getting old, to the point of distribution change.

Auto-setup of hardware resources is a fine thing. BUT the OS needs to
detect if I've already done stuff and NOT UNDO IT.

My VX88 has a memory-stick slot. I mount a memory stick in it under a
hidden directory in my ~ and put my GPG and FPM directories there. When
going through airports and leaving my laptop in customer boardrooms, I
can pop the memory stick out and stick it in my pocket.

My kernel swap documented in "kernel and alsa issues" has resulted in
the mount point in my ~ being erased and my /etc/fstab line changing
from:
/dev/sda1 /home/jack/.crypto vfat
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto,noexec,sync,umask=0266 1 2
to:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/memory_card auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto,exec 0 0

This is uncool behavior, Mandrake devel team. If an fstab entry exists
for the device, PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE IT.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...