On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 03:02, James Sparenberg wrote:
> All,
>
>   Ok I'm hitting a wall here with close to 200,000 e-mails in evolution
> I'm at a point where I really need to be able to archive a ton of this
> off.  BUT I also need access to these without jumping through hoops.
> Any suggestions on how to do this?  To say the least evo's starting to
> get very very slow.  Any help will be very much appreciated.

I use a tool called archivemail that can take messages from an mbox
formatted mail box older than x days, and move them to an archive mbox
that is stored in gzip form or delete them out right.  It will also add
more archive messages to an existing mbox archive.  It's written in
Python.

http://archivemail.sourceforge.net/

--
...Rob

-- "I couldn't tell if the streaker was a man or a woman because it had a bag on it's
head." -- Yogi Berra

Robert Goshko                  Axis Computer Consulting Services, Inc
President                              Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
http://www.axis-dev.ca/       Supporting the Revolution In Your World
Registered Linux User #260513    GNU/Linux i686 2.4.21pre4-1mdk-725ca

 06:57:01 up 8 min,  5 users,  load average: 1.18, 0.70, 0.31