My main complaint (really about the only one) about Mandrake is that they
apparently refuse to issue an Athlon-XP optimized version for retail sales,
or download. However, at least you can rebuild the srpms yourself. But
really, how hard can it be to recompile the entire distro for different
architectures like Gentoo does, and post the iso's with an "unsupported"
disclaimer, if need be? IMO, they will loose a lot of users if they don't.
Otherwise, Mandrake is a great distro, but the bottom line is a lot of users
won't even consider distros that only put out i586 optimized versions (or
less) anymore. After all, fewer and fewer users are even running i586
hardware these days. Mandrake needs to get with the times.

Robert Crawford