On Wednesday 26 February 2003 08:43 am, Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva wrote:
> Hi List!
>
>       I looking for a very cheap mother-board and faced PC Chips 810
> with SIS 730S chipset and ASRock K7VM2 withe VIA KM266 chipset.

cheap is elusive

i  was impressed with SiS 7xx chipsets but i have replaced almost all of them
within a year

the via chipsets are doing a little better but i have replaced two kt133x
boards in the last year - i think all of the drivers issues have been
resolved

i bought some dx34 mobos for under $70, found cheap 10k and 15k scsis on ebay
along with 512MB ECC for $60 each, 1k P IIIs are around $100 here. i really
like the results for normal workstation and server use - game playing is
another matter.  cheap cmedia 5.1 sound cards work as well as (if not better)
than sb

if you have a lot of pc133 memory and k7s arround, there are lots of kt133
mobos around for $50 and less - use kt266 if you have DDR

against my suppliers advice i bought several ECSUSA (who makes boards for
PCChips)., he was right - DFI and MSI have been flawless if not quite stellar
in performance

jim tarvid