Thank you all Steffen, Greg and Tarvid, that's helping me a lot!

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Steffen Barszus wrote:

> Asrock K7VM2:
> S3 is not functional
> Onboard video with Xfree 4.2 only in vesa modus, some problems with tested
> memory (optosys). UDMA only with kernel > = 2.4.20

I intend to use my Voodoo 3 3000, perfect with Xfree 4.2.

I find a site about m810 at: http://radel.inet.net.nz/m810lmr.html
So I'm declining from m810.

Asus and Via let me freak a time ago.  I never used SIS but I've been
listening good things about it. So I hope the newest Via's chipset had
gotten stable, I'll bet on them again.

UDMA wouldn't be a problem at first.  Besides, I think I can update my
kernel easily.

I'll use a Duron 1.1 GHz and PC100 Ram memories.

I wish I could buy a MSI.

It seems that I'll buy ASRock though.

Cheers,

Alan Wilter S. da Silva
 Laboratório de Física Biológica
  Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho
   Universidade do Brasil/UFRJ
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil