On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 01:17:46 -0500, "Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Anyone else having problems with this game under v9.0? I can play it just -so-
>
> long then, always...it segfaults out. Whats puzzling is that this game,
> running under 9.0 on my 2 sons computers runs for hours flawlessly. We all
> use Nvidia Geforce cards. One is running the 4191 drivers, 2 are using the
> 3123 drivers.
>
> Here is the error message:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] darklord]$ ut2003
> Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
>
> Backtrace:
> [ 1]  /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0 [0x40d9ae55]
> Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
> Aborting.
>
> I've applied all 4 patches that I could find to update UT2003 (this is the
> full retail game but it does it with the demo as well).
>
> Thanks.

I don't know what's causing the segfault, but I can assure you that it is not
the XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD message. That message pops up if you're not using a
Xi Graphics (XiG) X server. In other words, it happens to all XFree86 users.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
  [Yama | http://www.pclinuxonline.com/]

"I don't actually follow other operating systems much. I don't compete - I just
worry about making Linux better than itself, not others." -- Linus Torvalds