This time Todd Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
becomes daring and writes:

> James Sparenberg wrote on Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:30:57PM -0800 :
>>
>>    There is an answer for that one (the tabbed vs icons thing)...
>> Multi-Gnome-Terminal... Except for the menu Icons(it doesn't go into the
>> K-menu from the install) the generic RPM installs on 8.2 through 9.1
>
> It's in contribs and works quite well.  The only thing I couldn't do was
> figure out how to get the tabs on the bottom, but they work just as well
> at the top, so I'm ok with that.
>
> I had heard someone else mention multi-gnome-terminal, but since I
> dislike Gnome, I wouldn't have tried it had you not alerted me to the
> tab capabilities.  Thanks :)

  Since you are looking at tabbed terminals, take a look at the latest
  Eterm...it has that kind of stuff too (tho I don't use it).

  As for multi-gnome-terminal...lots of the local GUL use it...and
  curse it often :) They love the tabs part of it...but some things
  are just painful, from what they say...mostly redraw problems, from
  what I remember, so...check it throughly :)

  Vox

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_