IMNSHO, if you don't understand IP,TCP, UDP, you have no business
running a server of any kind, no matter what Microsoft may have told
you.

Gee, thanks for the flame. :-/

Why not? We let people create human beings without training and there is far more risk involved.;-)

Truth is that my knowledge about IP, TCP/UDP is adequate although I conceed the point that my experience in working directly with them is noteably lacking - I still get my terminology wrong, forget to mention things etc. I've installed a couple of firewalls, networks, a beowulf cluster and a MOSIX cluster but I had other tools at my disposal then.

Jim C.