On Friday 07 March 2003 12:16 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> On Friday 07 March 2003 03:09 pm, Rob Blomquist wrote:
> > How does one change the DMA settings of the burner, and DVD
> > drive?
>
> You can use hdparm to do this. Great little utility. (I'm assuming
> you do have IDE and not SCSI drives, right?).

My two CD drives are ATAPI CD-RW and ATAPI DVD/CD-R

They are both mounted as ide-scsi so that they could be seen my
x-cd-roast., I have given up with that utility, as it could not see
my IDE HD.

Can hdparm handle the ide-scsi mountings? The two drives are on my
system as /dev/scd0 (/dev/cdrom, CD-RW) and /dev/scd1(/dev/cdrom2,
DVD/CD).

Rob
--
Rob Blomquist
Kirkland, WA

On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section,
it said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux and
lived
happily ever after.