>  Outside of that...never had a complaint, as long as you keep a
>  generous amount of space in your /var (10gig partition in my desktop

Yeah, I needed 670 emgs :).

I'm still doing the auto-select. I'm glad I put in 'contrib' - I also
had a slow mirror in .ca for plf, so I deleted and replaced with a
new entry.

I also had to apply --force --nodeps --noclean tk the urpmi command
line. Otherwise, I'd probably have to do the whole download again,
which took a little over 2 hrs on a 1.5 mpbs ADSL connection - it's
about a CD's worth of data, if not a little more.

Even on a 1ghz athlon, it takes a while to slog thru all those
rpms to find out what to do. There were a few xine packages on
plf with bad sigs, so I elected to install them anyway - besides I
use mplayer :).

There's a lot of conflicts so far with respect to apache related
packages and mysql / postgres. In point of fact there apparently
exists two different flavors of apache (apache and apache2. Shouldn't
one be gotten rid of?  I don't really use apache much. They're mostly
icon files in /var/www/icons so I doubt they've changed much, but the
'wrapper' (i.e., the rpm) has, and of course it conflicts.

Well, at least it's finally installing all those packages.