On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 01:52, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 08 Jun 2003 3:52 pm, Mark wrote:
> > Hi Anne,
>
> > Setting up like this give you quite a number of advantages, such as
> > offline mail etc..  Being able to swap E-mail clients anytime you
> > like,.
> >
> Thanks, Mark.  Between what you have told me and what Adolfo said it
> sounds quite manageable.
>
> Anne

I will be interested to see how you go if you give it a go, particularly
that if you like to try different E-mail packages. Some other niceties
with this system that uses imapd, is that one ends up with the same mail
folders in what every E-mail client that they try and use, with the old,
and new mail still there, if one likes to move the mail out of ones
inbox and into other mail folder the actual mail folders are actually
stored in mbox format in ones home directory, while the inbox, is in the
/var/spool/mail directory.

Cheers
Mark