Praedor,
Is the bios set to auto detect? Another thought is you might have a weaker
power supply than is needed- I ran into that a few times with new cpus. I
don't think the kernel would cause your problem- it has to be a hardware
configuration/bios setting. What bios did you say you flashed to? I think I
have 5.6 on my ultra 2 (I'm presently on the Abit, so I'd have to change
systems to check my bios). I'm pretty sure you can set the FSB in the bios
under a specific section- I forget which at the moment.

One quesion: Is your 2700+ a 266Mhz, or 333Mhz cpu? I was reading on the amdmb
MSI forum after a search on that specific forum for kt3 ultra, and found
numerous posts with a lot of info that should help you. Here's a link.

www.amdforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=33eb6ba8e910c02263227dde500d66ca&forumid=12

Keep us informed on how things go- I'll think some more on this.

Robert Crawford