Thanks to all of you.

I like booting by winxp boot and got "bootpart" utility to create my own boot image and new loader inside boot.ini.
So, for You, no problem way seems to be using grub instad of lilo when hd is over 60gb and mdk root is inside a logical patition and got another mbr bootmanager .
Is that correct?
P.S.
For Mark, xp have some restoring console commad to repair mbr:
fixmbr, fixboot, bootcfg. Just boot from xp cd and choose repair.

Thanks again

Evaristo

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

just a quick one,  how does one XP or 2000 to replace it's MBR, with
Win98 it used to be "fdisk /mbr"

Cheers
Mark