Everyones comments all noted.

Bill I can discount the HD FD bit as I've force the link between the
cable modem to FD, surfboard SB3100 and the NIC to FD but I cant get any
faster than 10MB none of the 100MB settings work.

motherboard is a K7 triton, with a 1.2 GHz duron, 500MB of ram.
I know the slowest part of the link on a download will limit the
download speed but is'nt most of the network now on fibre.
Richard

--
Richard Bown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>