On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 16:03, charlie wrote:
> Using ls in konsole or XTerm, I sometimes get the following message :-
>
> ls: .: stale NFS file handle
>
> Can someone tell me what this means?
>
> Charlie

AFAIK it's actually saying that an NFS mount is trying to find a file
that has been moved or removed on the distant end and no longer viable.
If you don't use NFS removing the rpms for it would probably prevent it
from re-occuring.  If you do, sounds like one of your mounts is getting
changed by another user and affecting you.  I did notice that around
2.4.19 they were working on this in the kernel...  Here is a link to
some of that info.

James