On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:38 pm, James Sparenberg had this to contribute :-
> On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 16:03, charlie wrote:
> > Using ls in konsole or XTerm, I sometimes get the following message :-
> >
> > ls: .: stale NFS file handle
> >
> > Can someone tell me what this means?
> >
> > Charlie
>
> AFAIK it's actually saying that an NFS mount is trying to find a file
> that has been moved or removed on the distant end and no longer viable.
> If you don't use NFS removing the rpms for it would probably prevent it
> from re-occuring.  If you do, sounds like one of your mounts is getting
> changed by another user and affecting you.  I did notice that around
> 2.4.19 they were working on this in the kernel...  Here is a link to
> some of that info.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg02521.html
>
> James

Thanks James, but NFS is not installed and just in case I checked the system,
but no NFS rpm's either.

--
Andrea: Unhappy the land that has no heroes.
Galileo: No, unhappy the land that _____needs heroes.

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1.1Beta