On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:58 am, James Sparenberg had this to contribute :-
> On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 00:48, charlie wrote:

> > > AFAIK it's actually saying that an NFS mount is trying to find a file
> > > that has been moved or removed on the distant end and no longer viable.
> > > If you don't use NFS removing the rpms for it would probably prevent it
> > > from re-occuring.  If you do, sounds like one of your mounts is getting
> > > changed by another user and affecting you.  I did notice that around
> > > 2.4.19 they were working on this in the kernel...  Here is a link to
> > > some of that info.
> > >
> > > http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg02521.html
> > >
> > > James
> >
> > Thanks James, but NFS is not installed and just in case I checked the
> > system, but no NFS rpm's either.
>
> Hmmmm every time I've seen this it's been related to NFS ... AFS or some
> similar product. What kernel do you run?
>
> James

2.4.21-0.13mdk

It doesn't happen often, and has only happened in the last couple of weeks, 3
times. It's not a real problem, just curiosity. But that is a point, I have a
couple of kernels in my home directory, and a 30 second delay in boot to
select whichever I want to boot into. But if I'm making a cup of coffee while
the machine boots, it just goes straight into the the one above. So I will
have to take note of which kernel is being used when it happens.

I was earlier on tonight building a second kernel on a Slackware partition and
know that I disabled NFS, but if I was tired building a new kernel, I might
have left it in. Now I know what to look for, I will do so. I checked one
already, it does not have NFS support of any kind enabled. Or any other than
the DOS, ext2 and ext3 file systems. All the others disabled.

Thanks,

Charlie.

--
Andrea: Unhappy the land that has no heroes.
Galileo: No, unhappy the land that _____needs heroes.

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1.1Beta