Hello Larry,

I indeed saw several reports of ASUS A7M266-D running Linux on the
net, which is why I bought an AMD bi-proc mobo in the first place:
I was sure that it would work smoothly...
Very strange, this WD drive stuff. I also have a WD drive ! The
120GB model with 8MB of cache. But the same happens with my older
IBM 10GB and my Fujitsu 40GB (just tested tonight for the Fujitsu)

I think my EEC settings are OK, I can choose between no EEC, detection,
detection+correction or something else that I don't remember. I tried
no ECC and correction, it made no difference.

The processor is in socket 1, as recommended by MSI

I am now testing with a Redhat 6.2 CD (I didn't know Mandrake
at that time :-) and it seems to work allright. That's a
2.2.14 kernel. I strongly suspect that something in the 2.4 kernel
has to be switched off, but I can't figure what... Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help !

Stephane

--
Stephane Junique <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>