Hello Todd,

Thank you for your answer.
I tried to pass noapic and acpi=off to the kernel, but it didn't
help. But I believe you are in the right direction, something has
to be switched off in the kernel, probably something that was not
in the 2.2 kernel: I have just installed redhat 6.2 and it seems
to have no issue with the IDE I/O. Any more ideas ?
Thanks for your help !

Stephane

--
Stephane Junique <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>