Stephane Junique wrote:

Hello,

Yes, this is probably an IO problem. I tried but the installation
still stops with an error. Other ideas ?

Regards,

Stephane

Try making and booting from a floppy image. I had to do this on one machine.

Larry

Sounds like an io problem, try installing by passing the noauto switch.
That is when installing hit F1 and "linux noauto" this will bypass the hardware detection.

G'Luck

Larry