On Wednesday 30 Jul 2003 9:49 pm, Jack Coates wrote:

> > I did this, but /usr appears as a subdirectory of /holding.  What
> > can I do about this?
>
> Check /root/.bash_history -- did you miss the slash between usr and
> *?

I don't think I did - I checked it before hitting enter, but what I
typed after telinit 1 doesn't show up in root's bash history.

> > I can change /holding to /usr, but the old /usr is not a
> > partition, but a directory.  Do I just mv /usr /holding?
> >
> > Anne
>
> risky to do a mv instead of cp. Also, when you finished mounting
> /dev/hde10 you'd end up with /usr/usr, which won't work.

Oops - I think I've been unclear again.  I meant, once I have
everything in the right place in the new /usr, I need to rename the
old /usr so that the poor system doesn't get its knickers in a twist.
It's at that point that I thought I should use mv.  Am I wrong?

Anne