* Jonathan Shilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-08-06]:
> Andy Davidson wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 03:24:30AM -0400, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> >> For the copy of Mandrake you now have.  Wait...check that: it's
> >> $1399.00 for every CPU that's running a copy of kernel 2.4 or above.
> >
> > Let's not generate our own FUD.  The $1399 is for a server, not a
> > desktop.  The fee for a single-user desktop is only $199.
> >
> > No, I'm not paying that, either.
> >
> > andy
> Actually, if I recall correctly SCO stated that it is $699, and no I am
> _NOT_ going to pay them. :P

First question that came to my mind after reading the news was:
"How on earth do they think they could ever make someone actually pay?"

See, they can ask whatever they want. Important is how they could put
enough weight on their demand.

I have been asking my boss for years about a raise in pay. He agreed
whenever *he* was ready.

wobo