I've done some searching and haven't found any previous traffic on this
exactly. I have two problems. I'm beginning to think they may be related:

Copying files from my XP system to my 9.1 samba server is HORRIBLE! Say I'm
copying 650mb of Wav files. We're talking an hour or so! Looking at the
traces, everything seems ok. We're moving it along at 1514 chunks.

Today I thought I'd do a smbmount back to the XP box and try it the other
direction. For some reason my linux box is setting a window size of 0. ?? Has
anyone else noticed the terrible performance with XP? Is this some BS that
Uncle Billie and his gang of thieves have done on purpose, or am I just
screwing something up.

I have security set up pretty loose, so it shouldn't be some of the firewall
products.

smb.conf

[global]
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m