On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 13:18, Mark wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I've forgotten how to do something that I used to know how to do. That is,
> using cat to combine a list of files into one single file.
>
> The problem:
> the list of files below, I would like to combine into just one file.
> les_csharp_12_p1.pdf
> les_csharp_12_p2.pdf
> les_csharp_12_p3.pdf
> les_csharp_12_p4.pdf
> les_csharp_12_p5.pdf
> les_csharp_12_p6.pdf
> les_csharp_12_p7.pdf
>
> I would like the contents of the above list of files to appear in this
> file: CSharp_LESSON12.pdf
>
> Solution: ???

cat les_csharp_12_p1.pdf les_csharp_12_p2.pdf les_csharp_12_p3.pdf
les_csharp_12_p4.pdf les_csharp_12_p5.pdf les_csharp_12_p6.pdf
les_csharp_12_p7.pdf >> les_csharp_all.pdf

This should all be one line, of course.  It's wrapped by the mailer.
However, if your intent is to end up with one large pdf, I strongly
doubt that simply appending multiple pdf files will give you a usable
pdf file.  This works fine with text files but pdf is a binary format.