To combine multiple files into one just do the following:

cat file1 file2 file3 .... >> newfile

Mile

Anne Wilson wrote:

On Monday 01 Sep 2003 6:18 pm, Mark wrote:

Hi List,

I've forgotten how to do something that I used to know how to do.
That is, using cat to combine a list of files into one single file.

The problem:
the list of files below, I would like to combine into just one
file. les_csharp_12_p1.pdf
les_csharp_12_p2.pdf
les_csharp_12_p3.pdf
les_csharp_12_p4.pdf
les_csharp_12_p5.pdf
les_csharp_12_p6.pdf
les_csharp_12_p7.pdf

I would like the contents of the above list of files to appear in
this file: CSharp_LESSON12.pdf

Solution: ???

Mark

Hi, Mark. I've been following this, and it doesn't look promising, so I wonder if it's time for a dirty solution. Could you not pdf2ps all the files, open them in SOWriter, then cut and paste into one file, save that as a new pdf?

I know it's not elegant, but it might work.

Anne