On Tuesday 02 September 2003 11:27 am, David Rankin wrote:
> Mates:
>
>     Here is another clue that may help get to the bottom of this. Back in
> the 7.2 days when Samba 2.0X, 2.1X was comming out, the slow transfer issue
> appeared with Win98 transfers. The 2 gig limit was also there. The slow
> transfer from win to mdk was discussed as a "packet fragmentation" or
> "rabbit pellet packet fragmentation" problem by Civileme. The Samba folks
> also worked the issue. The issue was evidently resolved for win98, but the
> same type of problem could have reared its head again.
>
>     I tried to do a archive search for this issue, but for some reason the
> archive search daemon would not connect. Anyway, I would suggest an expert
> archive search for "packet fragmentation" or "rabbit pellet" to get the
> history of the issue. M$ may have changed smb just enough to recreate this
> condition and the Samba folks may have some more work to do.

Very good point. I noticed an awful lot of 1514 frames. Let me go back and
take another look see. I might have missed something.

BAH... I'm going to do another trace. I'll make it more controlled. Using the
exact same file so I can make a better comparison. I'm not seeing anything
the jumps out at me. 1514 frames though. ?? I'll write back.