On Tuesday 02 September 2003 02:04 pm, lorne wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 September 2003 01:46 pm, lorne wrote:
>
> Okay,
>
> Maybe a small breakthrough. I transfered the same file both ways. I've not
> even analyzed it yet, but.... there is 25% more frames total (without
> subtracting arps or anything) in the slow than the fast! Not sure yet what
> else I'll dig up.

This may prove useful after all. Here is what I've further dug up.

Fast transfer uses about

protocols

nbss    1/4+ total
smb             1/4- total
tcp            1/2 total

Slow transfers

nbss    5/8 total
smb             1/16 total
tcp             1/3? total

Very rough and probably don't add up to 100% but definately some differences.
The thing that just popped up at me was that the slow transfer from XP window
size of 10220. Linux is using 64240.

Now is this enough for some clever fellow to tell how to modify Winders?