On Wednesday September 3 2003 05:39 am, Charlie wrote:
> I have done this with a winblows program and still have some
> disks like this, up to 1.72mb which was very handy at times. I
> don't know how to achieve this with Mandrake, though have to
> admit that I have never looked into it either I seem to just
> write to CD now. In the old days [about 18 months ago] of 8mb RAM
> and 830mb hard drive it all went onto floppy.

   fdutils, includes among other utilities, superformat. But it's
only for formatting DOS file system floppy's. Won't work for an
ext2 boot floppy. It will format a DOS floppy up to 1992k, but
anything over 1600k an the floppy will become increasingly
unstable.

    The problem with boot floppy's for past year are so is the ever
increasing size of the kernel and initrd images.  It's also one of
the main reasons that the 'rescue' option was added to the 1st and
2nd install CD's. So who needs a boot floppy anyhow?  ;)