On Thursday 11 September 2003 06:36 am, Rolf Pedersen wrote:
> lorne wrote:

> Yeah, that can be frustrating.  Hmmm, looking at my sources, somehow,
> although there is at least one 9.1 package, most of what I am seeing are
> 9.0 contrib/ packages.  I don't know how that happened but, if you want,
> I put the 9.0 version of wxGTK2.3_1-2.3.2-7mdk.i586.rpm, which installs
> when I 'urpmi hackaudacity' on my, otherwise, 9.1 setup, here:
> http://home.mindspring.com/~rolfpedersen/wxGTK2.3_1-2.3.2-7mdk.i586.rpm
> Sorry for the confusion!  If you 'rpm -ivh' with both packages in one
> command and it installs, the executable is still audacity and starts by
> typing 'audacity' at the prompt.
> Rolf

That is pretty cool. I downloaded the above and it installed with no
complaints. I removed audacity and installed hackaudacity.

On startup it says "audio I/O error". I kind of expected this. Same thing with
the old audacity, if you go to preferences to select an audio device the list
is empty. I am sorely tempted to try a mickeysoft trick. Reboot and see if it
is some sort of glitch. :)