Hi,

>> I tried kmenuedit and menudrake in the console. kmenuedit does show any
>> entries. But menudrake has the regular application groups and shortcuts
>> showing on the left pane. So it is safe to add them to the system menu
>> again? I'm doing cautiously as this is my working file server 8( Please
>> advise.
>
> Quick fix:
> log out of Xwindows
> cd ~
> mv .kde kdestuffed (or whatever epiphet feels good!)
> startx
>
> You will then have a generic, first time log in again
>
> Now log out of Xwindows and start copying stuff selectively from the old
> kdestuffed to the newly created .kde.
>
> Stuff you most probably want lives in the share folder, and its subfolders
> including the kmail resources ad configs, knode, etc etc.

I was get the applications menu to reappear after I loaded the default in
menudrake. However the kcontrol (KDE Control) menu show empty options. I
can't find the options to for reconfiguration. I tried killing .kde but same
thing happens. May I ask how do I get those options reappear?

Regards,
Norman