On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 20:28, James Sparenberg wrote:
> All,
>
>    I've got a situation where I'd like to be able to take the output
> from lm_sensors (temp and voltage) and read it constantly and graph it
> as it's going, into a web page.  So two questions.
>
> 1.  Does something that does this exist?  (don't want to re-invent the
> wheel.)

Thought I remembered this being mentioned on the Nagios list and....
http://people.redhat.com/harald/snmp-lmsensors/HOWTO-SENSORS-SNMPD.html

ta-da! Heck, that might even earn some room in my MRTG :-)

> 2.  Which is the better poison.  Python or Perl for this job.

I'm just nibbling around the edges of Python, my heart is still with
Perl. IMHO, Perl is by far the best tool for most things because of the
wealth of stuff in CPAN and the huge number of examples and howtos for
doing bizarre things. Python is great if you are starting a large
project that will benefit from object orientation or if you're
interfacing with something that's already Python (e.g., I'm learning
Python by doing CGI-type addons to Zope).

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...