Hi everyone,

I have linux running on my router with IPCHAINS. I
have a windows machine behind this router that I use
to play games. To be able to play the Counter Strike
online, I have to apply the following rules to
IPCHAIN. Please, give me some advice in terms of
wheather I am rendering my system vulnerable by
applying these rules. I am not running any service on
these ports. Also, an brief explanation would be
greatly appreciated :)

 ipchains -A output -i $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE -p udp  \
    -s $IPADDR 61000:64999 \
    --destination-port 27010:27015 -j ACCEPT

 ipchains -A input  -i $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE -p udp \
    --source-port 27010:27015 \
    -d $IPADDR 61000:64999 -j ACCEPT

Bob King