Hi all,
I have just installed Mandrake 9.1 on a Toshiba Protege 7140 laptop. The
laptop doesn't have a cdrom so I installed via a pcmcia cdrom. I only have
one pcmcia slot so my pcmcia nic wasn't set up during inststall.
Now installation is complete and for the life of me I can't seem to get
this nic to configure via dhcp. I know my dhcp server is ok, I checked it
with another box. I know the card is working because I can bring it up via
ifconfig and ping the dhcp sever.
In the past with other distros I could simply edit the
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts script and viola. No so here. If I run
/etc/pcmcia/network start eth0 it doesn't show any error nor do anything.
I tried using the Mandrake Control Center and no matter what I try, the
wizzard, or even doing a static ip in expert mode I get "not connected"
Any ideas?
Joe

--
Joe Sprankle