On Tuesday 21 October 2003 09:07 am, HaywireMac wrote:
> Guy on the Toronto LUG list posted this. Sends a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> every time he gets one of those MS worms that are clogging so many
> people's servers.
>
> Apparently, a few "lusers" have already been taken offline 'til they
> clean their boxes as a result of this script.
>
> Personally, I don't have much of a prob with this, but I thought it
> might be of interest at least to see how it was done.
>
> http://www.wehave.net/spam/

My guess would be it is NOT because of his complaints or the script but
because ISP's are being swamped by all the traffic from their exploited
machines and are now figuring out that they need to fix it before it
bankrupts them or gets their ranges blacklisted by the rest of the net.

Bigpond has reported troubles as well as Telstra from exploited machines on
their networks, I am only surprised that more of them didn't figure out the
impact sooner and start closing targeted ports, at least for outgoing
traffic.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer