On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:09:39 -0700
James Sparenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> The word remember is an indication of past tense.  Further enhanced by
> the later word dropped.  The reference was to a past result of this
> kind of operation.  Not a reference to it's applicability in this
> situation. But to put it in plain terms.

I didn't mean to sound snippy, sorry...

> Closing the barn door after the cow is out doesn't keep the cow
> inside!

No, but this poor d00d was getting 1400 of these things a week, you can
understand his desire to take some action, whether reactive or not. I
think from what I've read on his page (did you look at the main page?
very funny...) he was pretty thoughtful about it to, it wasn't what you
would call "knee-jerk".

> This is a reactive solution.  Not a preventative one.  In order for a
> reactive solution to work it requires system failure.  Preventative
> solutions on the other hand require no failure to be judged effective.

Preventative...um, nuking Redmond? ;-)

--
HaywireMac ++ ICQ # 279518458
Registered Linux user #282046