On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 11:42:04PM -0800, Jack Coates wrote:
[...]
> RH is trying to build two truly separate distributions, a server and a
> desktop, with different source trees, different package revisions,
> different config tools...
[...]

Errr... While I don't like the direction RH is going (which is why I'm
here after having used RH for six years), I do wonder where you got that
impression. There's nothing explicitly "desktop" about Fedora - quite
the contrary. RH is going to base its business offerings (at least in
part) on Fedora, which makes Fedora a test bed, also for their server
offerings. Try it in Fedora, merge it into the Enterprise line later,
when it's matured - that seems to be the idea.
Even now, there's talk on redhat-list and fedora-list going on about
people wanting to use Fedora on servers. The programs are still there.
Even the "Server Install" option is still there.
Hence, I'd be curious to know how you came to this conclusion.

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org